IRCTC train ticket booking: Linking PNR a must for hassle-free refund. How to do
If you miss the connecting train because the first train gets delayed, you can claim the full refund. For a hassle-free refund process, you must link the PNR numbers when you are booking tickets from Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) website. It must be mentioned that airlines also provide full refund if you miss the second flight due to the delay of the first one. IRCTC allows travellers to link the PNRs when they are purchasing tickets for the connecting trains. While buying the ticket for the second train, you need to link the PNR number with the PNR number of your first train.
Here are the steps to link your PNRs
1) While booking train tickets from IRCTC website, passengers will have an option of ‘connecting journey booking’ under the main menu ‘Trains’.
2) Then, you have to find a train for your journey. After that, check the accommodation in the connecting train.
3) One needs to input the connecting PNR after one clicks on the ‘book now’ option. The customer needs to input the eligible counter ticket or PNR booked with same user ID for which connecting journey ticket is to be booked.
4) The PNR that the passenger inserts will be verified by IRCTC. If the PNR is eligible for connecting journey booking, the passenger details of the PNR will be auto populated. And your PNR of the first train and the connecting train will be linked.
5) If connecting journey is being booked against counter ticket, then OTP verification would be done before fetching passenger details, said IRCTC in a release.
Things to keep in mind while joining the two PNRs:
a) Terminating station of main journey should match with the connecting train’s originating station.
b) Passengers details such as name, age, etc should be the same in both the PNRs. So be careful while while booking.
c) Difference between main journey and connecting journey should not be more than five days.
d) PNR from station and boarding station should be the same and PNR to station and reserved up to should be same, said IRCTC.
e) Only confirmed or part confirmed ticket is allowed for connecting journey ticket booking.
f) To link PRS Counter ticket with e-ticket, Counter Ticket must have mobile number. In this case, OTP (for authentication) will be sent on PRS Counter ticket mobile number.
It must be mentioned that modification of journey is not allowed for connected PNRs. IRCTC won’t allow boarding station change for connected PNRs.